About the Library
Today's libraries are dynamic, modern community centers for education, information, and entertainment. Marshall Public Library is no exception!
Our beautifully renovated building, located in the center of downtown Marshall, is an ever-changing information hub. Come in and explore!
Here are some of the materials and services you’ll find at Marshall Public Library:
- Books of every description and for all ages, including paperbacks and large print editions,
- A large collection of DVDs, CDs, and audio books,
- Internet accessible computers for public use, plus iPads, a scanner and CD writer,
- Local, regional, and national newspapers are available for reading in the library, and over 100 magazines may be checked out,
- A digital microfilm reader and printer to search a microfilm collection of all of newspapers ever printed in Marshall, dating back to pre-Civil War,
- Original Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps of Marshall dated 1892 and 1912 in print and also on microfilm,
- A collection of local history and genealogical resources,
- A photocopier, a fax machine, a typewriter, and a variety of audiovisual and office equipment, which can be used by anyone.
- Homebound delivery service to individuals, and to the local nursing home and retirement village.
Community groups or businesses may reserve our beautiful meeting room, complete with kitchenette, audiovisual equipment, and handicap accessible rest rooms. Our activity room is also available for smaller groups.
We can’t leave out the outstanding programming provided for free all year long, including summer reading programs, tax assistance, visits from authors, computers classes, pre-school story times, craft programs, and all sorts of interesting programs for children and adults alike.
Please stop by very soon!